Not all businesses need to register for VAT. When your business reaches certain requirements you must register for VAT.
For some small businesses, it can be beneficial to register:
- You buy many more items that charge VAT than you sell (as your input tax will be much higher than your output tax, and HMRC will reimburse you the difference. Find out more about how these calculations work below).
- You think your turnover will soon be over the threshold and want to get the paperwork out of the way now.
- You want to seem more professional or assure customers you are a legitimate business, certified by HMRC.
- If your business supplies goods and is keen to expand internationally to the EU market, VAT is an essential factor to consider.
We provide the following services:
- Addvice on what VAT scheme would suit your business best
- Registration for VAT
- Administration of VAT
- VAT returns